A few weeks ago I was at dinner at my aunts and we made the most amazing curried bean so I thought I would share its yummy goodness with you all.
• 1tsp Oil
• 1tsp Cumin seeds
• 1 Red Onion
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1tsp minced ginger
• 1tsp Cumin Powder
• 1tsp Chill powder
• 2tsp Garam masala
• 1tsp coriander powder
• 1 cups of coconut milk
• 3 tomatoes
• Vegan Pitta bread
Method for sauce:
• Heat any oil of your choice – my favourite is rapeseed
• Add the cumin seed and wait till it crackles
• Reduce the heat and fry the onions till see through
• Add garlic and ginger until soft
• Add powder spices
• Add diced diced tomato till thick sauce
• Add coconut milk
• Add salt to taste
We added cayenne pepper at the end for an extra pop of heat. But this is not necessary…I just love my dishes hot!
Method for beans:
• You cook the beans at a low heat for a long time or if you have a pressure cooker you can use that
Once the beans are soft and the sauce is cooked to your taste. You mix the beans and sauce and stir on low heat
This can be served with vegan pitta bread, yam, plantain or anything your heart desires. Why not treat someone you know and make them this lovely dish.
For something sweet to finish you meal…why not try Swedish glace vanilla ice cream made from Soy. I can tell you now that it better that the real thing!
Better yet, add some crushed salty peanuts on top and you have my favourite flavour combinations. Salty and sweet…I just love the flavours of salt and sweetness together!