Last weekend, I satisfied my cravings and made some yummy cauliflower Barbeque wings.
- 2 cup white rice flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
I buy my seasoning and flour from my local exotic food shop. I suggest you do this too and benefit your local economy.
Not forgetting the key ingredients of cauliflower and barbeque sauce. I used two medium head cauliflower for my recipe and a basic barbeque sauce.
Also, you will need baking sheet to prevent the wings sticking to your tray. Before making the batter, I brushed oil onto the baking sheet and preheated the oven at 250 degrees.
Method for the batter:
- In a bowl, mix together the rice flour, garlic powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add a one and half cup of water to make the thin batter
- Then toss the cauliflower floret into the batter and coat it completely in batter
- Remove the floret with a fork and place it on the baking sheet
This is baked for 10 minutes at each side to set the batter.
Method for the barbeque sauce:
- Mix the barbecue sauce and oil in a small saucepan. (At the point, I also add a dash of Sriracha sauce for heat)
- Then, toss the cauliflower in the sauce and place on the baking tray
- Bake the cauliflower florets for 10-15 minutes alternating side.
I then served the cauliflower with some yummy Korean style fried rice. I will share my recipes for my Korean style fried rice in the next blog.
Hope you enjoying giving it a go! xx