Batch cooking is proving to be a winner for my hectic lifestyle! There is nothing better than coming home knowing a yummy dish awaits you.
Coconut lentil curry fits the bill for this as its super easy to make and can be made in large quantities.
- 2tsp Oil
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tsp tomato puree
- 2tsp gran masala
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 vegetable stock in 400ml water to make a broth
- 1 400ml can of coconut milk
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2.5 cups of Red lentils
- A bag of baby leaf Spinach
- Heat the oil in a large pot
- Add the onions and cook till soft
- Add the tomato puree, gran masala, garlic, red chilli flakes and cook
- Then add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, chopped tomato, lentils. Leave to cook on low heat for 25 minutes. Check to ensure the lentil is soft.
- Finally season to taste
- Let this cool and pack into Tupperware ready for eating.
These quantity of ingredients resulted in a large Tupperware box that fed two for three nights.
Let me know how you finding batch cooking this Coconut Lentil Curry x